24 hours a day 7 days a week for the next 77 days you do nothing but watch hour after hour of reality
crap, sorry I meant to say television.
You watch shows like … The Littlest Groom, Toddlers and Tiara’s, So You Think You Can Dance, So You Think You Can Sing, So You Think You Can Cook, Yen Can Cook, Snooki Can’t Cook, and whatever other reality shows that come on. Yes … 1,848 hours straight of TV!
Now you have a picture of how much television the average american adult watches each year!
On April 1st of this year I cancelled my satellite television subscription just to see what it would be like. I wanted to stop wasting time in front of the “boob tube” and use my valuable time more effectively. It’s been 4 months and I can honestly say … I don’t miss it!
Over the last 4 months I have read more, written more, exercised more, and spent more time with my friends and the people I love and care about.
Someone once said, “garbage in, garbage out.” You can’t sit in front of a television and not have it affect your thinking or making you sick.
Television? Make me sick? How could that happen? Well I believe in the power of suggestion and if you watch it long enough you just might start believing that you should ask your doctor about … Viagra, Cialis, Boniva, Enbrel, Lunesta, Humira, Avodart, Actonel, Levitra, Strattera, Vytorin, Zocor, and on and on and on …
So how much time do you actually spend watching television? And your kids?
Instead of spending countless hours in front of the television, what if you tried doing something that would improve your life or the life of someone else.
Here’s a few ideas:
25 Things You Could Do Instead Of Watching Television
- Read a book.
- Write a book.
- Read with your kids.
- Help your kids with their homework.
- Visit the elderly at a local nursing home.
- Volunteer at a local charity.
- Learn to play an instrument.
- Go on a date with your partner.
- Learn to dance.
- Learn something … anything!
- Get a hobby.
- Take the $1000 you save by cancelling your cable subscription and donate it to the needy.
- Spend time with your friends.
- Learn to meditate.
- Become an expert in your profession.
- Get a new profession!
- Go back to school.
- Take a cooking class just for fun.
- Join a bowling, soccer, hockey, or running club.
- Become a better communicator.
- Spend quality time with the people you love.
- Join Big Brother/Big Sisters and make a difference in a kids life!
- Make a difference in anybody else’s life!
- Learn how to reconnect to your passion and your true self … instead of watching someone else fake their’s in front of a camera!