Positive Thoughts … Really?
You’ve heard the saying, “garbage in … garbage out.”
When it comes to your thoughts and your words, the same principle applies … what you think will determine what you do AND what you say.
Most people have heard these statements before … what you sow is what you reap, be careful who you hang out with it is who you will become, thoughts become things, etc.
And yet how many of us still fill our minds with thoughts, ideas, images, television shows, etc. that can do nothing but negatively impact what we do and say?
I have spent a good part of my life trying to control the external things that I have absolutely no control over. And I have spent a good part of my life not always controlling the one and only thing that I truly can control … MY THOUGHTS!
How much time do you waste worrying or trying to control something or someone you have absolutely no control over? (even if you think you do you really don’t)
Want to change that?
Here’s a challenge for you … just for today!
- Just for today … set the timer on your phone to go off at the top of each hour.
- When the alarm goes off ask yourself 2 questions.
- Is what I am experiencing, thinking, or saying, positive and uplifting?
- If you answer yes, reset the alarm until the next hour and give yourself an atta boy (girl).
- If you answered no, ask yourself: So what would I need to do to shift it to be more positive and uplifting?
- And then just do it!
My dear friend and colleague Shawna Schuh has a favorite saying, “You create your day by the way you think!”
So when it’s all said and done … if you really do create your day by the way you think … why not choose to have a good day by filling your mind with good thoughts?
Imagine the positive words and actions that would follow?
Imagine the positive impact you would have on your world?
Imagine the positive impact we could have on the world of the people we interact with today!
Just for today we could change the world … I’m positive!