“I dare you to pick yourself …. up off the floor”
Have you ever had an amazing day where you felt like everything was going your way?
Until it wasn’t …
You get the first bit of not-so-positive news and you say, “No worries… this must be happening for a reason … right?”
And then another not-so-positive event comes up behind it and you say, “Hmmmmm … what the heck am I doing to attract this stuff?”
And then you get hit one more time with another frustrating event, an event that in-and-of- itself, wouldn’t be an issue at all.
And because it is the third not-so positive one today you collapse under what feels like the weight of the world that has just landed … on top of you!
Once your down there the questions start coming from that little voice inside your head … Why me? Why today? What else can possibly go wrong?
And then it takes a wicked turn … What’s wrong with me? You know maybe I’m just not X enough … or Y enough or …. XYZ enough?
Oh my God … I’m not L-M-N-O-P enough either!
And then from some place inside a voice screams out … STOPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!
Gut Check Time
Okay what would I tell a Coaching client at this moment in time?
I would say …ask yourself these 3 questions:
- What are you afraid of losing? (Fear is about loss and it’s obvious I am in a place of fear)
- What is the truth (Knowing 93% of the things I worry about never happen)
- What needs to happen right now? (What action do I need to take get moving forward and back on track)
Answering these questions will move you from an emotional state of reaction in the future and into a more logical state of reason in the present. In other words from victim to victor!
- If I lose a deal, a client, a gig I will find more because the world is a place of abundance … there is always more!
- If plans don’t unfold exactly the way I want them to I can still have a great time … as long as I stay present in the moment and open myself up to greater possibilities or gifts!
- When I trust (embrace) the process exactly as it unfolds … I am free! Free to stand back up and move forward!
And one last thought …
Never ever forget who you are (your authentic self)!
Never ever forget what you do (your mission)!
Never ever forget why you are here (your purpose)!
Remember those things … and you will always get back up!