L-O-V-E: What’s Chicken Got To Do With It?
For thousands of years people have written songs about l-o-v-e.
For thousands of years millions of people have sung ballads about l-o-v-e.
Which had me thinking …
How many songs actually have the word “l-o-v-e” in the title?
According to wiki answers.com there are only 32.
Here they are:
- A Groovy kind of love
- All I want to do is make love to you
- All you need is love
- As long as you love me
- All out of love
- An everlasting love
- And I love you so
- Burning love
- Can you feel the love tonight
- Can’t help falling in love
- Crazy little thing called love
- Crazy love
- Don’t you love me anymore
- Endless love
- Everlasting love
- Everything I love
- Feel like makin love
- Glory of love
- Greatest love of all
- How deep is your love
- I can love you like that
- I can’t believe you are in love with me
- I could fall in love
- I didn’t know I was looking for love
- I honestly love you
- I just called to say I love you
- I knew I loved you
- I love the way you love me
- I love you always forever
- I love you for sentimental reasons
- I wanna love you forever
- I want to know what love is
And then I thought what about the Beatles … they have at least 15 more songs with the word “love” in the title!
And I love her, Can’t buy me love, I’m in love, Love me do, etc.
The crazy thing is when you really sit down and think about it, there are probably a thousand more songs with the word “l-o-v-e ” in the title.
And yet … with all this singing and writing about love we still have people fighting over who eats or doesn’t eat chicken at a fast food restaurant … that is simply amazing!
Maybe folks should stop singing about love and actually just start loving their neighbor as much as they love … their chicken.