I Can’t Believe This!!!!
How many times have you said to yourself: I can’t believe this?
Was it after seeing something that didn’t make sense or experiencing something that made you incredibly angry?
One of the models I use with clients is Beliefs (what we think) drives Behaviors (what we do) and those actions create the Results (what we get) in our lives.
Based on this model, if there is an area of your life that you are dissatisfied, you would simply look at the belief that is driving the actions and realign them with the results you truly want. Sounds simple doesn’t it?
And yet … shifting our beliefs is not always easy. Especially if it’s a longstanding belief that we were imprinted with a long time ago that we have replayed in our minds, over and over again … regardless of whether it serves us or not!
Below is a list that you might want to review and see if any of them resonate within you … you’ll know when you read them if it is an old belief you need to get rid of … based on your reaction.
10 Beliefs That Could Be Holding You Back From Living Life Fully:
- I can’t be happy if I’m alone.
- I have to make sure everyone else is happy.
- I am responsible for the happiness and emotional contentment of others.
- I am stuck with the family I was born into….
- I can’t change … I’ve always been this way … it’s who I am!
- I don’t deserve to be … (fill in the blank) i.e happy, wealthy, loved, etc.
- I have to pay for the mistakes I’ve made in my life.
- I’m stuck in my current situation because … (fill in the blank)
- I’m tool old/young to be or do … (fill in the blank).
- _______________________________________ (Intentionally left blank for you to fill in).
So what about you? Any beliefs that you need to say … “I Can’t Believe This … Anymore?”
If so, grab a pen and paper and answer the following 3 Questions as detailed as you can:
- What is the cost of holding onto this old belief … financially, mentally, emotionally, & physically?
- How does this old belief serve me? What do I get from it? (Security, playing small, less responsibility, can’t fail since I didn’t try).
- What would my life be like/look like when I succeed?
And then simply decide … if the cost staying stuck is worth the risk to live the life you want?
One of the Speakers that was a driving force in my decision to quit my job and follow my dream was the late Ray Pelletier.
15 years ago Ray spoke at a sales meeting I was attending. That day I decided to follow my dream …
I knew that I had to let go of all the fears and old beliefs that were telling me to play it safe and secure.
Since then I have never had a single day of regret … all because I chose to rid myself of a few old tired beliefs that were holding me back!
So what are you waiting for?