How to Increase Your Time & Energy R-O-I
I was flying home after attending an amazing conference, the National Speakers Association Annual Convention. For the last 4 days I have been expanding my knowledge base by studying and listening to some of the best speakers in my profession.
As I poured over my multiple pages of notes on the flight home, I came to the realization that not one single idea matters … until I take action to implement it into my business.
It’s been said that knowledge is power. If that is true, then we should all be powerful beyond measure. The internet allows us access to more information now, than at any other time in the history of the world!
The truth is that most of us possess more knowledge than we need to be wildly successful. And yet … so many people wallow in mediocrity.
Why? Because they fail to consistently execute on the actions that really make a difference in their businesses. It is easy to get distracted by the “other” things that dilute their results.
So that got me thinking …
What if … you agreed to limit your focus on the 3 most productive ideas or actions each and every day?
I know what you’re thinking … 3 …. just 3 … you mean like 1, 2, 3 and stop? Are you serious?
The key to getting a higher return on investment (R-O-I) of your time and energy (T & E) is to consistently take action on the most important and impactful tasks.
Here’s how …
7 Steps for Increasing your Time & Energy R-O-I:
- Make a complete list of all of the things you want and need to accomplish for today.
- Mark a letter D next to all the things you can delegate, along with the person’s name who can take ownership of the task (delegate it)
- Prioritize the remaining tasks in order of importance by placing an A, B, or C, in front of each task according to its importance (you should have multiple A’s, B’s, and C’s) If you have all A’s you have a serious problem … start over!
- Now rank the A’s in order according to their impact and importance. For example A1, A2, A3, A4, etc. You should only have one number for each A. Then do the same for the B’s (B1, B2, etc. and the C’s).
- Now as Nike says … just DO IT! Start at A1 and work your way down the list.
- Complete this exercise daily for the next 2 weeks.
- At the end of 2 weeks … do it for another 2 weeks!
The idea here is that if you are consistently taking action on the 3 most important tasks each and every day, the most important tasks will continuously rise to the top. The less important tasks will be pushed to the bottom or need to be moved off the list.
And when you do …
Not only will you accomplish more than you ever have, you will experience the ultimate R-O-I on your time and energy.
Yes knowledge can be power … ONLY when it is combined with ACTION.
So now that you know this … what are you waiting for?