“You got to know when to hold ’em, Know when to fold ’em, Know when to walk away, And know when to run.”
Are you kidding me … you want me to fold on one of my goals?
I’m only into the 3rd week of the New Year!
I know what you’re thinking … if I drop one of my goals that means I’m giving up … quitting, folding like a cheap suit, laying down, and rolling over!
No, I’m not saying to give up. I’m asking you to look at your 2012 goals list and ask yourself, “In order to have a successful year, do I have to accomplish ALL of these goals?”
You see sometimes in our enthusiasm to make sure we have our best year ever, we can get a little over zealous with our goals. We make a list of 37 goals in our business life and 27 more to accomplish in our personal life … and we never complete the list.
Yes, of course we all want to be successful!
And … wouldn’t it be better to focus on the 2 or 3 really important goals, instead of getting frustrated because we didn’t accomplish the list of the 64 less important ones?
The old saying is true, “Sometimes less is more!”
Still not sure? Here’s a few ideas:
5 Clues That It Might Be Time To Fold One Of Your Goals?
- It’s been on your list since January 1st and you just noticed it today … for the first time.
- You wrote it down in a secret code and then burned the paper you wrote the key on so that no one could decipher it … including you!
- It’s the same goal that’s been on your list … for the last 10 years.
- Each morning you lay your list in the dog’s food dish hoping that the “dog will eat your homework!”
- You see it on your list everyday and you’re still wondering … who on earth put THAT there?
Still not sure?
If you’ve answered yes to 2 or more of the above … maybe … just maybe … you need to let that one go.
Besides, you can always tell everyone that your Mom accidentally threw it in the garbage!