Clarity: You Headed in the Right Direction?
With all the craziness happening in the airline business right now, it reminded me of an incident from a few years ago.
I was in Cleveland tending to some family business over the Thanksgiving Holiday. While there, I decided to make a reservation to return to Cleveland for Christmas.
Air fares are always remarkably high for the holidays. So when I found a round trip ticket between Cleveland and Phoenix for $400.00, I jumped on it and booked my ticket.
A week later, I decided to upgrade my ticket to first class using frequent flyer miles. At that moment, I realized I had booked a round trip ticket originating in Cleveland and going to Phoenix. That’s great, but I live in Phoenix!
In other words, I was traveling in the wrong direction.
I Need Some Clarity?
I called the airlines and the Customer Service Representative told me he completely understood. He agreed to waive the change fee. Thank god, this won’t be to bad, I was thinking to myself. The agent then found a flight within a few hours of the original time with seats available and I felt a wave of relief.
Then he told me the change in airfare was an additional…wait for it… $500.00! The new grand total was now $900.00!!!!
Flying to Bermuda for $900.00 is one thing, flying to Cleveland in the middle of winter during snowstorms with temperatures in the low teens for $900.00!!! Well now that’s, a whole different story!!
So That Got Me Thinking
Sometimes in life you can feel a little lost. Your thinking is cloudy, you’re confused, and you need clarity on what direction to go!
When you’re not clear about your purpose, your goals, or the direction your headed, it can end up being pretty costly. And it isn’t always about the money!
It can happen in relationships, business, or any other area of your life.
When you don’t have a solid why, you can spin in the how and the what and fly off course. Now you might be busy, there is a lot of activity, but you’re not really going anywhere. This idea applies to something as a simple as a meeting at work or a more complex, life altering decision.
3 Questions To Ask Yourself Right Now
After navigating through a very rough 2020, a lot of folks were thinking 2021 would be a return to normalcy. And yet, we are still being surrounded by an enormous amount of uncertainty.
As you hit the halfway point of 2021, you might want to ask yourself these 3 questions:
- Are you clear about the direction you are going? (In life, in business, or just for the remainder of this year).
- Do you have your heart set on one path, but your current course is taking you in a completely different direction? (You may need to change the destination or change the course)
- Do you know where you want to be and what you want to have accomplished when December 31, 2021 comes to a close?
3 Ideas That Can Help You Achieve Clarity In Life:
- Make sure you’re clear about your goals and your direction.
- Open your mind up to learn the lessons that present themselves on the path to your destination
- Be true to yourself, your dreams, your goals, and most importantly your purpose!
To Sum It All Up:
- Airline ticket to Cleveland for the holidays: $900.00
- Learning a valuable life lesson: $500.00
- Knowing where you’re going in life and headed in the right direction: Priceless
Need a little help gaining some clarity on your direction? Click here