I shared my experience that at one point in my career I went from having the most successful year in my business to having one of the worst years in my business … overnight. Â I also shared how I got my business back on track.
At one point I asked the group to COMMIT to a system which I call the 3-4-5 SystemÂ â¢Â with an accountability partner.
The system is simply doing the 3 things that have the most positive impact on your business bottom line, 4 hours a day, 5 days a week.
There was a gentlemen sitting in the front row who had no problem identifying the 3 things to help his business. Where he got stuck was when I asked him to commit to taking those actions and being held accountable with a partner. It was at that point he basically said “no … I won’t do it”
My first thought was this guy needs to be committed alright!
WebsterÂ define commitment as, “the act of committing or pledging, a pledge, an obligation, a promise, etc” … and then adds, “THAT RESTRICTS ONE’S FREEDOM OF ACTION.”
So that got me thinking …Â
- How many times have I failed to commit to doing something even though I knew it was the right thing to do (business building, working out, etc)?
- How many times have I chosen to NOT do what I needed TO DO to get the results I want in my business or in my personal life?
- How many times have I chosen NOT to commit to doing something … BECAUSE I WAS AFRAID THAT IT WOULD RESTRICT MY FREEDOM?
Bingo! Failure to commit is about freedom. It’s about the fear of losing our freedom to do what we want to do when we want to do it. It’s about feeling like were being imprisoned and we have no choice.
And The Truth Shall Set You Free:
- When we do commit to doing the things we need to do it actually gives us more choices and more freedom â¦ not less!
- Being more focused on the things that give you more revenue gives you the opportunity to do more things … not less!
- Working out regularly actually gives you the freedom to eat things more things … not less!
So what about you â¦ are you willing to commit?
Is there an area of your life where you need to go all out … and goÂ all in?
Well … what are you waiting for?