ALL IN – Change Your Commitments, Change Your Life!
Whether it is a decision to exercise or a decision to spend the rest of your life with someone you love … no commitment can be complete unless you are ALL IN!
So how do you define ALL IN? How do you change your commitments to change your life?
Sometimes it’s easier to help you get a clearer picture of what something is by identifying what it isn’t! That said, here is a list to help you define – ALL IN.
10 Things That Tell You You’re Not … ALL IN!
- You blow off your workout at the gym because your friends are going to happy hour.
- You show up at work with your body but leave your motivation and determination at home because you believe it’s just a j-o-b.
- You eat a jumbo size chocolate bar after you’ve committed to losing weight because you have a little taste for something sweet.
- You stay late to complete one more ‘to-do’ at work, after you’ve committed to being home for dinner or going to your kids’ soccer game.
- As a salesperson, you intentionally forget to mention to your customer that a price increase is coming while you’re in their office … and email them a few days later to let them know.
- You keep the extra change when a cashier makes a mistake or pretend you didn’t notice they skipped an item when ringing you up at the register.
- You intentionally leave off details in a conversation so you can shape the beliefs of the other person because your afraid to tell the truth.
- As a leader, you hold your people accountable to do something you’re not willing to do yourself because you have a title, and you said so!
- You enter an agreement or a relationship commitment with your eyes on the exit doors, looking for reasons to leave.
- You speak the words of commitment but don’t follow-up with your actions.
In a world of sound bites, leaders who blow with the wind, and a never-ending flow of folks looking for their 20 seconds of fame …
It is rare to find a person who honors their commitments and backs them up with their actions.
It is more rare to find someone who is ALL IN when it’s ALL ON the line.
How would your life change if you made a commitment to be ALL IN when it came to your work, family, relationships, and your word?
I’ll go first …
I AM … ALL IN!