Part I – 10 Things You Need To Let Go Of … Right Now!
We all end up holding onto things that we need to let go of …
Maybe we need to let go of an old belief that does not give us the results we want. Maybe we need to let go of a job that holds us back from bringing our optimal value to the marketplace.
What ever it may be, I think we all could stand to let go of something in our lives that we have been holding on to … for far too long.
Below is a list of 10 questions to ask yourself about letting go that may help.
Do I Need To Let Go Of …
- Old beliefs about self-worth, money, success, and anything else that is keeping me stuck in a place I don’t want to be?
- My deep seated attachment to a sports team that ruins my day when they lose and makes my day when they win?
- The idea that I have to make everyone around me happy, because if I don’t … I won’t be loved, liked, accepted, etc., etc., etc.?
- Old friendships, relationships, jobs, careers, that don’t align with who I AM , my values, or are extremely one-sided?
- The idea, belief, or misconception, that I can change anyone but myself?
- The idea, belief, or misconception that people will change dramatically and when they do … they will be a better employee, leader, partner, or spouse for me?
- The belief that I don’t know what I want or how to achieve it?
- The thought that I can go through life without any sadness, hurt, pain, complications, or messiness?
- Old, past, I wonder-if relationships, that keep me stuck in the past or dreaming into the future … anywhere but the present?
- The idea that letting go is ONLY about losing something?
As it pertains to number ten, sometimes the only thing holding us back from letting go is fear. While fear is typically associated with loss, it doesn’t always represent the whole picture. Sometimes, we have to look beyond the loss at what we can gain by letting go.
Letting go is not just about losing something or giving something up. It is about creating space and alignment with new ideas, new beliefs, and new possibilities, so that you can live the life that you deserve.
So what was it you needed to let go of?
Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.